For the next two weeks, we’re going to be working to help raise awareness about hunger in eight specific U.S. communities. In the process, we’ll be donating some food to Feeding America food banks in those communities.
Every day, you’ll see a new post here, and a new Facebook post with a graphic like the one above with a compelling fact about hunger. For every “share” that post gets, we’ll donate 10 pounds of food to the Feeding America Food Bank in that community (up to a 30,000 pound truckload in each community). All you have to do is click and share. To Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest. Your choice.
It’s part of an idea to let people know that hunger exists in every single community in our country. We should all KNOW Hunger.
Food banks in the spotlight:
- Feeding South Florida, Pembroke Park,
- FL Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, Los Angeles, CA
- City Harvest, New York, NY
- Food Bank for New York City
- Capital Area Food Bank of Texas, Austin, TX
- Houston Food Bank, Houston, TX
- Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan, Detroit, MI
- Feeding America West Michigan Food Bank, Comstock Park, MI
Tyson Foods is proud to partner with Feeding America to provide food and raise awareness of the issue of hunger across the U.S.